Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Animal Print Recreation

I was inspired to recreate this nail design I originally found on Nails in Nippon. This is my first time using the Sponge method & I am still improving on Konad Stamping. She only used polish for the first coat, then she used Acrylic Paint which I do not have. She also did her tiger stripes freehand which, I also have never tried therefore I am not so sure I would be good at it yet.

I used 2 coats of Catrice White polish, next I sponged Essie's French Affair over the white, then proceeded to sponge a Red polish (I used NYC's 131A). After that I used Milani's 584 RED Glitter over the tip area. Once it was dry I used Konad Stamping to create the animal stripes & topped it off with Seche Vite top coat.


Inspiring Recreation

Inspiring Recreation

Inspiring Recreation

Inspiring Recreation




Again this is my first time doing anything of this nature, so please be kind. It's a work in progress.


Please feel free to leave comments below.


Thanks,
~Karina XoXo

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job, it's beautiful! Now you have to try freehand stripes. They are super easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive feedback... I got myself a brush & dotter the other day... So it's time to experiment! :o)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful mani!
    Glad I followed the link from Nails in Nippon.. :)

    ReplyDelete